More higher education data charts for Spokane
February 9, 2011 Leave a comment
EWU Degrees Awarded (both undergraduate and graduate degrees) – looks good!
This is a follow up to two posts made a few days ago.
Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded from All Washington Public colleges
Degrees Awarded in High Demand Fields
These would be in engineering, software engineering, computer science, architecture and health care.
Six Year Graduation Rate
Means percent of students who have graduated within 6 years of starting. There is an expectation that students finish in 4 years but for many reasons, this may not occur. Reasons include illness, changing majors, financial reasons and having to work, amongst many common issues.
Source for the copied charts, above: http://www.hecb.wa.gov/news/documents/AccountabilityReport2009-Revised.pdf
- Degree inequality (blogs.berkeley.edu)
- Unemployment rates greatly affected by educational attainment (investmentpostcards.com)
- NSF Degrees by Race/Ethnicity/Gender (kauffman.org)
- Requirements for Computer Software Engineer Education (thinkup.waldenu.edu)
- Tuition Comparison of Distance Graduate Degree Programs (brighthub.com)
- The Ten States Running Out Of Smart People (247wallst.com)