Spokane’s Borders Bookstore not on the closure list
February 16, 2011 Leave a comment
Border’s announced it is filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection today and will close about one third of their stores.
However, the one Border’s book store in Spokane is not on the closure list, fortunately!
The list is available here (large PDF)- see page 146 for the list of store closures.
Update: July 2011 – all Borders stores, including Waldenbooks and Borders are closing.
- Borders files for Chapter 11, 30% of stores to close (inquisitr.com)
- BORDERS BOOKS: The Final CHAPTER of “AMERICA’S BOOKSTORE” could be written in Bankruptcy filing as early as Monday morning. Is this beginning of the end of the “bookstore?” (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- Borders files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Borders Prepares for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Law Protection (legallyeasy.rocketlawyer.com)
- Borders Files Bankruptcy After Years of Market Losses (businessweek.com)
- Borders seeking $450 mln bankruptcy loan-RLPC (reuters.com)
- In Spokane, a Mystery With No Good Solution (nytimes.com)